BiogasAction project partners are pleased to welcome you at the final event “Unlocking the potential of biogas for the energy transition”, which will be taking place in Brussels at Palais des Academies on the 11th of October at 9.00
Biogas Action project is focused on promoting the production of sustainable biogas throughout the EU, exchanging best practice, creating business models and increasing investments in biogas production. To this aim, the project has been based since its very beginning on cooperation between different policy level – European, national and regional – and implementation of proven support strategies and guidelines for favouring the global promotion of biogas in EU.
The final event will be divided in two sessions in which the regulatory framework as well as experiences and benefits of promoting biogas will be discussed. In the first session, you will hear policy makers and industry representatives offering a detailed overview on the role of the biogas in the European Renewable Energy policy beyond 2020 and perspectives on biogas sustainable development. The second session will be fully dedicated to the presentation of the project results and will be followed by an interactive debate with project partners on the integration of biogas in region and cities and its benefits for the society.
The list of notable speakers includes:
- Arthur Wellinger, Senior Advisor to the European Biogas Association (EBA)
- Susanna Pflüger, Secretary General of EBA
- Malcolm McDowell, DG Energy, European Commission
- Carolina Gunnarsson, Regional Council of Kalmar County, Sweden
- Patrice Lejeune, Representative of Cluster Methatlantique, France
- Leoš Gál, Czech technology platform for biofuels – CTPB
- Hendrik Becker, Vice-President of the German Biogas Association and founder of PlanET
- Olja Kristic, Innovation and Network Agency (INEA)
- Nils Daugaard, EC Network
- Jakob Lorenzen, DFFB
The combination of audience will give the correct perspective on the shared effort needed to unlock the potential of biogas for energy transition. BiogasAction project is expecting participants in various fields:
- European institutions and decision makers
- Local and regional authorities in Europe
- Agencies and organisations active in the field of EE and RES at regional and local level
- Biogas stakeholders (operators and owners)
- Energy companies
- Financial institutions
Do not miss the chance to participate and contribute to feed the debate on biogas!
Click here to open the agenda
You can register >>>here