The current situation in the Netherlands is that there are 131 registered biogas plants. 14 of these produce biomethane, the others produce heat & electricity. The total electric & heat capacity is 3,5 GW installed. For bio methane there is about 10,000 m³/h installed.
At this time the biggest interest is for small scale digestion of manure. The dairy companies are promoting this, and also the ministry of economic affairs has a strong focus on this kind of REP.
For the larger scale installations the business case got worse, as the feed-in tariffs are no longer been indexed.
During 2016 Cornelissen Consulting Services (CCS) was active in mainly WP 2 , 3 & 4.
WP 2: Tools for successful regional biogas initiatives and developments:
- Provided information for the brochure and promoted tools that were developed in earlier projects, like BioEnergy Farm and BioEnergy Farm2.
WP3 – Intervention in Target Countries/Regions:
- Supporting high quality biogas projects across the country. This resulted in one exploitation subsidy and one plant we helped to overcome an issue with hardware and he is on air now.
- We also worked on legislation in our country, with lobby work at different governmental levels. With an expanding market their comes need for clearer regulation, which sometimes leads to too strict rules, especially for the smaller scale plants.
WP4– Networking & Replication
- Setting up relations with the various biogas and bioenergy networks in our country. With some of these we are investigating opportunities for training courses and shared events.
- In October 2016 we organised an excursion to one of the most innovative digesters running now in our country. This plant is using a high share of ammonia-rich chicken manure and producing artificial fertilizers out of the digestate.
For the remainder of 2017 & 2018 we are seeking for opportunities to implement the project. This can be in a course for plant operators, or by helping interesting biogas projects. If you are interested in how we can help you, or if you know a project that could benefit from our project, please get in touch with us via phone or mail: +31 (0) 570 667 000 or email@example.com